29.3.05

If Looks Could Kill...

Flipping through the channels as I got ready for work this morning, I chanced upon this groundbreaking news story.
Vicky Belo wants to open a Beauty Hospital.

Yes, that's right.

Now, I'm sure the good people at the Belo group do good work. But what intrigues me is this:

Are we really that ugly that we now need full time medical care for our looks?

How ugly does a person have to be to be rushed to a hospital for it?

Caller: "911... my girlfriend... oh my god. help us.. she's... she's"

911: "Sir, calm down. tell me what's wrong."

Caller: "She has.. has... a pimple! Oh God!"

Caller: "OK, don't do anything. Our paramedics are on their way."

Would these paramedics arrive carrying first aid kits... or make up kits?

I would love to see the E.R. at one of these places -- If only to see what constitutes a Beauty Emergency.

This opens up a lot of moral and philosophical questions that will ellicit heated debates from all sectors of society.

Questions like:

-- Can a person call in sick from work because she's flat chested?

-- Or would a note saying "Please excuse my son from class today. His skin is dry." be considered valid?

-- And lastly, would a man with a face that looks like the scrotum of 94 year old Rhino with a fungal infection and nostrils that look like 110 Volt power outlets qualify to park in the handicap spot?

I'm telling you, if they are truly dedicated to their mission... I'd better not see any fat and ugly Filipinos by the year 2025.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Right on, man.

I also think it's ridiculous for really fit girls who are already fit to INSIST they are fat as hell, and therefore need to diet even more.

Da FAK. These same girls also do not even consider exercise a way of losing weight. Sheez. -Vic