30.7.05

Be Careful What You Wish For...

There's this line from an old Gin Blossoms song that goes "Only Time Will Tell, If Wishing Wells, Could Bring Us Anything." which I always found very inspiring.

Perhaps one day, if we're patient enough, the things we've always dreamed about would come true. After all, we were never promised that our wishes would come true right away.

But then, what about the stuff we wished for when we were kids who didn't know better? Cause I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want some of these to come true NOW.

And I don't mean the wishing for ponies or that complete set of Transformer toys...


Nope. I'm talking about the stupid wishes. For instance...


I once wished to be a lion.


And another time... a zookeeper.



So if you're ever at a zoo, and you see a lion in the Elephant cage sweeping the dung off the floor...

... just give me a tip and move along.

2 comments:

Jennifer Yap Caspe said...

"I am confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord and take heart and wait for the Lord." --Ps. 27:13-14

Wish on, Joedy. . . . I wanted to be a boy when I was little. . . I am glad di ako naging mukhang lalake. . . hehehe. . .

Anonymous said...

This is funny Joe-ds (pronounced JOWDS).

Never thought of it this way haha!

I remember a time when I wanted to be Sherlock Holmes...
Now I wish I'm Katie Holmes.

:-)